[DB-SIG] mSQL interface

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 06 May 1998 11:25:41 +0200

John Lehmann wrote:

> Actually I was going to look at wrapping the mySQL-api in swig and then
> writing a db-sig conformant wrapper in python, as my C is rusty.  Is
> this a stupid idea?

Not at all.

FYI, mySQL (and I think mSQL too) has an ODBC driver which works
pretty fine with iODBC, the free Unix ODBC driver manager. I've
got that running with mxODBC. There's one quirk though, that makes
a native interface interesting: the ODBC driver for mySQL expects
string input for *all* types -- the conversion is done auto-
matically by mxODBC (well, the next release of it), but it could
cause the input data to be slightly inaccurate (e.g. for floats).

             | Python Pages:  http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  |