[DB-SIG] Sybase module

Harri PASANEN harri.pasanen@trema.com
Wed, 20 May 1998 16:37:57 +0200

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Harri PASANEN wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone tried to compile the Sybase module for NT?
>
> I've compiled it for NT.  You want the dll?
>
> Jim

Thanks for the offer, but actually I already compiled it.
I'm bit unsure how the following are supposed to
be handled under NT:

PyObject *DbiString;
PyObject *DbiRaw;
PyObject *DbiRowId;
PyObject *DbiNumber;
PyObject *DbiDate;

PyObject *DbiNoError;
PyObject *DbiOpError;
PyObject *DbiProgError;
PyObject *DbiIntegrityError;
PyObject *DbiDataError;
PyObject *DbiInternalError;

First I got all these as undefined symbols during linking,
then I just added the above list to dbi.c and seems to work...

Another offshoot question:

Our sybase server runs on a SPARC-Solaris box, and running
the identical python client on NT and another SPARC-Solaris box
gives the result that NT-client seems roughly 3 times
slower than doing the same from another SPARC Solaris box.
The NT cpu is practically idle during the process, so
it must be something with sybase client libs / or
network.

Anyone have experience speeding up Sybase NT clients?

Thanks,

Harri