[DB-SIG] Sybase module

Peter Godman pgodman@halcyon.com
Wed, 20 May 1998 15:32:54 -0700 (PDT)

> Thanks for the offer, but actually I already compiled it.
> I'm bit unsure how the following are supposed to
> be handled under NT:
>
> PyObject *DbiString;
> PyObject *DbiRaw;
> PyObject *DbiRowId;
> PyObject *DbiNumber;
> PyObject *DbiDate;
>
> PyObject *DbiNoError;
> PyObject *DbiOpError;
> PyObject *DbiProgError;
> PyObject *DbiIntegrityError;
> PyObject *DbiDataError;
> PyObject *DbiInternalError;
>
> First I got all these as undefined symbols during linking,
> then I just added the above list to dbi.c and seems to work...

Hmmmm.   It's a shame this stops you compiling since the module has no
real support for dbi types.

I'm glad to hear it works on NT (assuming you're referring to the module I
wrote!).  Anyone try Win95?  Does success on NT imply success on 95?
Sorry for my windows ignorance.  Has anyone used it to connect to M$ SQL
Server?  On NT/95?  Sadly, I understand the new version of MSSS
will have an api that is a significant departure from client library, so
this module won't work for M$ SQL Server any more.