[DB-SIG] DB-API 1.1

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 26 May 1998 23:21:45 +0200

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> I'd like to start discussing updating/extending the DB-API 1.0 to
> a new version. IMHO, this needs to be done to
>         a. clearify a few minor tidbits
>         b. enable a more informative exception mechanism
>
> You can have a look at an alpha version of 1.1 at:
>         http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/DatabaseAPI-1.1.html

Looks like everybody is too busy ... oh well. I'll wait another
week or so then and repost the RFC.

Until then:

I will be releasing a new version of mxODBC in the next few days.
If you want to take a look at the pre-release version, you can download
it from:

	http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxODBC-pre0.8.zip

It is multi-database enabled, that is you can connect to multiple
different databases at the same time, and provides setups for
Adabas, Solid and mySQL. Oracle/Unix may work with the Intersolv
ODBC drivers, but I haven't heard of a definite answer yet.
It also compiles against the free Microsoft ODBC manager (well,
previous versions have -- can't test it myself).

Feel free to provide more setups. The more database connectivity
we get for Python, the better.

             | Python Pages:  http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  |