[DB-SIG] Definition of Timestamps ?!

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:10:34 +0100

Does anyone know why the ODBC definition of the fraction
part in timestamps is nanoseconds, while the SQL standard seems
to use microseconds ?

I don't know if it's a bug in the ODBC driver of my database (ADABAS),
but it stores timestamps using nanoseconds by rescaling them
to microseconds and then retrieves them without doing the opposite
conversion. When I pass in microseconds everything works fine...

MySQL doesn't store the fraction part of timestamps at all it seems.

What about other DBs and the Windows ODBC manager ?

Thanks for any tips.
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 414 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :