[DB-SIG] Solid and Python

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:07:49 +0200

Andy Dustman wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:
> > I'm trying to decide on a database to use at work, and Solid is the
> > best contender so far.  Version 0.0.7 of the Python module compiled
> > just fine for me with Solid 2.3, though I haven't attempted anything
> > serious yet.
>
> I had awful times with it, dumped core, did other bad things. Lately I am
> using mxODBC and that seems to work quite well, in practice. It's
> available at http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/. I think it may still
> be possible to make it dump core: Be careful that you del your cursors and
> set sys.last_traceback = sys.exc_traceback = None before you close the
> database; I have seen situations where an uncaught exception can cause a
> segfault. Aside from that, it's fine.

Does that error still occur with the latest version (0.8.1) ? I added
lot's of checks for closed connections etc. in 0.8.1 that should
take care of the segfaults when garbage collecting cursors.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 436 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :