[DB-SIG] Re: Sybase module

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:51:55 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Godman writes:
>Has anyone considered a cross-dbapi test suite that tests modules to the
>spec?  I know that the spec is considered just a suggestion, but it would
>be nice if there were a minimum set of functionality that every module
>provided, with standard exceptions raised for unimplemented / nonstandard
>behaviour.

	That would definitely be a good idea, since it would probably
shake out a whole bunch of incompatibilities among the different
modules. I contemplated writing a test suite when I was working on an
article about the DB-API, but never got around to doing so.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
As soon as Roger saw the costume, his mind assumed the proportions of an