[DB-SIG] Remaining issues with DB API 2.0

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:04:34 +0200

Andy Dustman wrote:

> > > Speaking of which, I can't find a obvious way in the Python API to create
> > > an exception with multiple inheritance. Any ideas?
> >
> > You mean: how do I create an exception having a predefined base class ?
> > [I don't see a need for multiple inheritance (with more than one
> > base class) in this situation.]
>
> No, I really did mean multple inheritance. I am already using regular
> single-inheritance (and I DID model off mxODBC :). I may not use multple
> inheritance for this module, but I will at some point...

Ah, ok. I guess you could add a new API to Python/errors.c
and send the patch to Guido. There currently is no way to comfortably
create exception classes with bases *tuples* (it's easy to add though).

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 274 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :