[DB-SIG] Updating the SIG pages

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
>As for the SIG's web-pages: I think there should be a complete
>rewrite of the SIG's status page.

	OK; I've radically cut down the status page; the information
on it should all be taken into account by the topic guide, anyway.
Version 2.0a15 of the spec has been added to the topic guide as well.
Comments and further suggestions are welcome.  (I still have to add
Andy Dustman's new MySQL module, but have a bus to catch at the
moment -- do that tomorrow.)

	Can anyone draw up a list of the major changes between 1.0 and
2.0, and also send an announcement to c.l.py.announce?

Alas, despite wing implants, feathers and wax, and carnal associations with
swans, we will never grow wings. Alas, any true flight we make will always be
externally assisted. Alas, the best we can do is fall and believe ourselves
flying.
    -- Peter Greenaway, _Flying Out of This World_ (1994)