[DB-SIG] Updating the SIG pages

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 10:43:58 +0200

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:
> >
> > M.-A. Lemburg writes:
> > >As for the SIG's web-pages: I think there should be a complete
> > >rewrite of the SIG's status page.
> >
> >         OK; I've radically cut down the status page; the information
> > on it should all be taken into account by the topic guide, anyway.
> > Version 2.0a15 of the spec has been added to the topic guide as well.
> > Comments and further suggestions are welcome.  (I still have to add
> > Andy Dustman's new MySQL module, but have a bus to catch at the
> > moment -- do that tomorrow.)
>
> Looks good. Thanks.

BTW: It would also be nice if there were a link to the original
HTML code of the spec, since package writers might want to
include it in their documentation (sort of like a "printable
version of this page" thing).

Ah yes, and we wanted to include the final 2.0 version somewhere
in the Python standard docs. Would that be possible ?
Even though the standard lib does not include a DB API compatible
package, I think it would produce a little more awareness of
the specification and Python's database connectivity in general.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 267 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :