[DB-SIG] DB API 2.0... what about NULLs ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:05:20 +0200

Greg Stein wrote:

> Andy Dustman wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > > If nobody objects, I'll update the spec on starship later today.
> > Drop the "NULL is an alias for None" bit and I'm happy.
>
> I object, too, for the same reasons stated by Andy. It doesn't really
> make sense to have an alias for None.

The updated version is on my Python Pages. It only contains a
mention of using None as NULL. The alias part is gone. BTW,
the idea was not to actually use the alias in execute()s, but
to be able to test whether the database knows about NULLs.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 260 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :