[DB-SIG] Three MySQL modules?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

I haven't yet added Andy Dustman's MySQLdb module to the database
topic guide.  Can someone clarify the situation with the three MySQL
modules?  There's James Henstridge's mySQLmodule; the copy on
python.org is dated 09-Oct-1997, so it's probably unmaintained.
There's Joerg Senekowitsch's MySQLmodule, dated 28-Dec-1998, so it's
probably still maintained, and there's Andy Dustman's module,
announced earlier this module.

	Which ones should be listed in the topic guide?  I think it's
OK to drop the Henstridge one; does the Dustman code supersede the
Senekowitsch module?  Authors, can you clarify this?

But if enough of us dream, if a bare thousand of us dream, we can change the
world. We can dream it anew! A world in which no cat suffers from the malice
of humans. In which no cats are killed by human caprice. A world that we rule.
    -- The visionary cat, in SANDMAN #18: "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"