[DB-SIG] Getting warmer! Re: [DB-SIG] Informix on IRIX?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:13:06 +0200

Harri Pasanen wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:
> >
> > Note that you should normally *never* get error messages from the
> > assembler when compiling a C program. It seems you've got a
> > configuration problem in your compiler setup. I would presume
> > that gcc works best with gas as assembler, yet the dump indicates
> > that it is in fact using some OS supplied assembler.
> >

> Actually you sometime may get those, as there might be inline assembler
> code in system headers. For instance, my egcs on Linux refuses to
> compile files using the default FD_ZERO macro, as FD_ZERO apparently
> expands to inline assembly code that gcc 2.7.2.3 happily compiles.  In
> these cases my workaround has been to define FD_ZERO myself to pure C
> code.

Ah, ok, forgot about the inline assembler. I was thinking of
assembler code produced by the compiler. Inline assembler can
of course cause troubles...

> On other environments than Linux GCC quite often uses system assembler
> and linker, including system supplied headers and libraries.

To the original poster:

There is an Informix SDK available for free which includes
ODBC drivers. Don't know if they provide IRIX binaries, but that
would enable you to connect to Informix using mxODBC.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 252 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :