[DB-SIG] Getting warmer! Re: [DB-SIG] Informix on IRIX?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:51:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> > I have bigger, hairier problems this morning -- we just launched a web
> > site live that has a new Informix back end...it mails the programmers
> > whenever there's an error and something went wrong with the setup. We were
> > up VERY late last night and I see I have a few thousand more emails this
> > morning. ::sniff::
>
> A log file is probably a better idea... but I guess you know by now
> ;-)

Actually, I'm glad we did it this way. We knew *immediately*.

Besides, for those files we write to, we've been getting emails about
locking errors....

_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"At a risk of being called sexist, ageist and French, if you put
multimedia, a leather skirt and lipstick on a grandmother and take her
to a night club, she's still not going to get lucky." -- Jean Louis
Gassee (of Be) on Windows 2000 being "multimedia."