[DB-SIG] Getting warmer! Re: [DB-SIG] Informix on IRIX?

John Mitchell johnm@magnet.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:54:28 -0400

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> I switched, per suggestions, from gcc to cc and attempted to recompile.
>
> I *know* the fatal error I'm getting now is IRIX related....
>
> ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects: /www/informix/lib/esql/libixsql.so
> is o32.
>
> What I don't understand is what it means.

argh!  Irix switched from "old-style" o32 objects to "new-style" n32, and
all your libraries have to match or you're hosed.

Since you cant recompile the Informix library above, do a "make clean",
then recompile after telling your C compiler to generate "old-style"
object files.

Hmm.  I just found my informix-libary Makefile:

	LDFLAGS=-shared -all -o32

Try that.  Maybe zap the "-shared".  If you want, I can post the rest of
the makefile for your perusal.

- j