[DB-SIG] Getting warmer! Re: [DB-SIG] Informix on IRIX?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, John Mitchell wrote:

> argh!  Irix switched from "old-style" o32 objects to "new-style" n32, and
> all your libraries have to match or you're hosed.

Ah! This explains the acronym. :)

> Since you cant recompile the Informix library above, do a "make clean",
> then recompile after telling your C compiler to generate "old-style"
> object files.
>
> Hmm.  I just found my informix-libary Makefile:
>
> 	LDFLAGS=-shared -all -o32
>
> Try that.  Maybe zap the "-shared".  If you want, I can post the rest of
> the makefile for your perusal.

I'd love the makefile...I intend to make the necessary changes to the
script after I manage to get it to compile and send them off to the
maintainer. :)

_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"At a risk of being called sexist, ageist and French, if you put
multimedia, a leather skirt and lipstick on a grandmother and take her
to a night club, she's still not going to get lucky." -- Jean Louis
Gassee (of Be) on Windows 2000 being "multimedia."