[DB-SIG] mysqlmodule wont compile

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:07:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Peter Sabaini wrote:

> > What version MySQL do you have? You probably need 3.21 for MySQLmodule. I
> > have my own interface for MySQL-3.22 located at:
>
> do you mean 3.21 _or_higher_ or that exact version? i tried it with
> 3.22 and 3.23. i'll try it with 3.21.

It's designed to work with 3.21 according to the README, so newer versions
might not work.

> > http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman
> >
> > That may work better for you. Requires Python 1.5.2.
>
> unfortunately i need it to work with zope (http://zope.org) so i
> guess i'm stuck with MySQLmodule

Zope is apparently going to be switching to MySQLdb, due to problems with
thread blocking in MySQLmodule. The current version of MySQLdb has a patch
to change Zope's ZMySQLDA to use MySQLdb (actually it's underlying _mysql
module). It is not quite right yet. If you change error to Error in one
spot, it works a little. I've fallen behind on the Zope list a bit lately,
so I'm not sure what the status of things are.

--
andy dustman      |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d