[DB-SIG] Oracle tables encapsulation

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:30:55 +0100

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:

> I've attached some code I've been playing with.
>
> Its currently Oracle specific, since there is no generic method of
> binding parameters that I know of making it rather difficult to write
> cross platform database stuff using Python at the moment.

What about cursor.execute('select * from MyTable where id=?',(1,)) ?
Or did you mean the parameter marks in the SQL statement ? Note
that DBAPI 2.0 compatible interfaces will provide a flag that
indicates what mark to use: paramstyle.

Y2000:                                                    28 days left