[DB-SIG] DCOracle on DEC Alpha with Oracle 8.1.5

Tom Bryan tbryan@server.python.net
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:23:52 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to build the DCOracle extension to Python on a DEC Alpha, running
OSF1 V4.0F.  The machine has Oracle 8.1.5 on it.

Has anyone had success with DCOracle-1.3.0 on a DEC Alpha?

I had two problems with the build, and I thought that I ask here first
before I start modifying the sources...

For some reason, the compilation is trying to include both ocikpr.h and
ociapr.h (K&R and ANSI versions of the same header), but I don't wee where
these files are being included.  It leads to errors with multiply ders
from multiply declared prototypes.

I also get the following warning, which sounds like it's an architecture
problem, just before the build exits with error.  Before I proceed, has
anyone already solved these problems?

cc: Warning: ./oci_.c, line 2595: In this statement, the referenced type
of the pointer value "&output_string_dim1" is "long", which is not
compatible with "int ". (ptrmismatch)
  _arg5=&output_string_dim1; output_string_dim1=256;

Thanks,
---Tom

P.S. For those who are curious, we do C++ development with an Oracle
back-end at work.  I would like to have a simple yet powerful (i.e., not
C++ and not PL/SQL) language for use in writing test code and prototypes.
Python is, of course, my language of choice for this task.