[DB-SIG] Oracle ODBC outputs

George Thom@s George Thom@s" <georgethomas@pspl.co.in
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:06:02 +0530

Hi everyone,
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes. I have been using
the win32 ODBC module that ships with the 1.5.2 distribution. Using
installed proprietary ODBC drivers I have been exploiting the module in very
elementary ways as part of larger applications. Having used this with
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle with databases created with the same
schema and containing the same data I noticed that the output obtained when
interfacing with the ODBC driver provided with Oracle 8i, integers are
returned with the L (long) suffix. This does not usually make for pleasant
viewing if this data has to be displayed :-) Does anyone know where the
problem lies and what a good solution would be ?
Once again, all apologies if this does not seem the right place to pose this
query,
Regards and thanks in advance,
George
George Thomas
Resident,Planet Earth,Third Rock from the Sun
georgethomas@pspl.co.in

Flat No. FI-5, Fifth Floor,
Himagirinath Co-op. Hsg. Society,
486A Elphinstone Road,