[DB-SIG] Databases chapter for Python on Windows book

Stefan Lohrum lohrum@zib.de
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:27:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Andy et al,

> Q3.  We like to include 'case studies' of half a page to a page to ram
> home the point that Python is in use in the real world.  Does anyone
> have any neat stories to tell or projects to boast about?

Maybe you're interested in Ariadne, a retrieval system, providing you
interactively with up to date computer science information available
via the World Wide Web.

It is written in Python, based on Sybase resp. Oracle RDMS,
running on Unix and NT as well.

We developed Ariadne by MeDoc Project at FU Berlin in 1996 and since then
it is running stable with very less admin cost.

Best regards,

Stefan Lohrum

| Stefan Lohrum                    | Takustrasse 7              |
| Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum Berlin (ZIB) | D-14195 Berlin-Dahlem      |
| Scientific Information Systems   | Germany                    |
| E-Mail: lohrum@zib.de            | Phone: +49 (30) 841 85-197 |
| WWW:    http://www.zib.de/lohrum | FAX:   +49 (30) 841 85-269 |