[DB-SIG] Need ctsybase that supports TEXT columns

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:18:31 +0200

John W. Shipman wrote:

> Apparently the version of ctsybase we have here does not support
> fields of type TEXT.
> Is there a newer version of this same module that supports long
> files?  If not, is there a free Python-Sybase interface that
> does?  We're a state-supported college computer center and can't
> afford any expensive proprietary interfaces.

You could try mxODBC which does support long columns and is free
for non-commercial and commercial in-house use. For pointers follow
the link to my Python pages below.

You'll need an ODBC driver for Sybase though (the mxODBC web-page
has some linked resources to help you find a suitable one).

Y2000:                                                   198 days left