[DB-SIG] Anyone working on Sybase module?

Tod Olson Tod Olson <ta-olson@uchicago.edu>
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:56:49 -0600

HP> Is anyone currently working on a DB-Api compliant Sybase module?
HP> I've had fairly good success with Peter Godman's ctsybase module,
HP> but got some coredumps with a more complicated thing I played
HP> with.

HP> Every once in a while I've entertained the idea of starting to
HP> work on it, but other priorities have always pushed it back.

HP> In the remote chance that I might actually have time to do
HP> something, is anyone working on it?  With the advent of DB-API
HP> 1.1, I'm silently hoping someone will beat me to it.  I'm ready to
HP> do heavy-duty testing for an API compliant Sybase module.  (Sorry,
HP> ODBC won't do for my purposes.)

I've got one that I started some time ago, built on Ct-Lib.  Not all
datatypes are well supported, but array binding works.  I was working
from the guts out, and wanted to get array binding early on.

Work stopped when I started on a Java / Sybase project.

I can share code with you, if you're interested.  I'd love to see
something come of this work.

Tod A. Olson                        "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
ta-olson@uchicago.edu               "If you weren't mad, you wouldn't have
The University of Chicago Library    come here," said the Cat.