[DB-SIG] Last round for DB API 1.1

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:32:54 -0800

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> I've added a note that gives the module implementor the two
> exception possibilities mentioned above: AttributeError (.rollback()
> not implemented) and OperationalError (.rollback() implemented,
> but the test is done at execution time).

The *very* strong preference should go towards not implementing
.rollback() (by omission or dynamically making it (un)available).

This will allow client software to do a hasattr(), rather than attempt a
rollback only to find they couldn't... thus leaving their database
screwed.

> .commit() should always be implemented -- even for databases
> that do not provide transactions.

yes.

Marc: could you include a list of open issues on the web page? It's
becoming a pain to keep tracking down the right email :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/