[DB-SIG] Remaining issues with DB API 2.0

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:58:28 +0200

Ok, we are nearing the finishing line with API 2.0. Here's what's
left to decide (well at least for now):

· Should .nextset() be an optional method or have optional
  functionality ?

To make testing for "multiple result sets supported" possible,
I think this API should be an optional method like .rollback:
either not be defined (giving an AttributeError) or raise
a NotSupportError... which brings us to the next point ;-)

· Should we add NotSupportedError as subclass of OperationalError ?

· Is there a strong need for "capability testing" other than using
  hasattr() ?

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 275 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :