[DB-SIG] Remaining issues with DB API 2.0

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:14:46 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> > This should not actually be part of the specification, but perhaps we need
> > a design note, or guidelines for designing applications so that they can
> > ported between different databases with a minimum of effort. This makes
> > your application more resilient to changes in the DB API as well (though
> > it's hardly affecting my application, if at all, and the API shouldn't
> > change much more in the future).
>
> Would make a nice addendum to the spec... or maybe a separate
> document. Volunteers ? Andy :-) ?

I'll see what I can do, try to consolidate what I said earlier in some
generalized way.

--
Andy Dustman  (ICQ#32922760)    You should always say "spam" and "eggs"
ComStar Communications Corp.                 instead of "foo" and "bar"