[DB-SIG] python-informix

Thomas Bryan tbryan@arlut.utexas.edu
Thu, 13 May 1999 17:17:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Sere Gerrit wrote:

> I want to try to make a connection to Informix with the module
> informixdb.

Another solution is to use mxODBC and connect to the Informix DB with
ODBC.  I'm considering that solution myself.

> After the statement
> import informixdb
> I received a raise statement.

I remember something like this when I first tried informixdb, but I was
able to work around it (on Red Hat 5.2).  It was a silly little
problem...but, I can't remember what it was. :-/ Maybe I'll remember if
you actually post the entire error message.

> Any sugestions ?

At one point, Stephen Turner (sjturner@ix.netcom.com) considered taking
over maintenance of the informixdb code.  Bertil posted that he (Bertil)
can't maintain it and would be happy if someone else took up the code.
I don't remember what ever happened since I got pulled off of the DB work
for which I needed informixdb.  I'm interested again since I might be
suddenly put back to work with informix, and I want to have a good RAD
language to use when we start our development.

I know that Stephen at least has some patches for the current version of
the informixdb.  Perhaps we can convince him at least to post those
somewhere.

---Tom

Tom Bryan
Applied Research Laboratories