[DB-SIG] IBM Data Management: DB2 Universal Database 5.2 for Linux home page

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 17 May 1999 22:39:43 +0200

Aaron Watters wrote:

> Looks like it'd be a good idea for someone to do a DB2 dbapi
> module...
>
> http://www.software.ibm.com/data/db2/linux/

>                    Web browser. For Java
>                    developers, DB2 Universal
>                    Database for Linux offers
>                    support for JDBC and SQLJ, and
>                    Net.Data allows for the
>                    creation of dynamic data
>                    driven Web applications. Perl
>                    developers can also take
>                    advantage of our DB2 Universal
>                    Database Perl driver for the
>                    Perl Database Interface.

Looks like IBM is missing a few Python fans :-)

BTW, I was wondering if there already is a DBAPI compliant
generic JDBC package out there... would be nice to have
in order for much the same reasons as ODBC interfaces are
nice to have. It should be pretty straight forward to
implement.

Y2000:                                            Y2000: 228 days left
Python Pages:                 http://starship.python.net/crew/lemburg/