[DB-SIG] Re: [Zope-dev] Prototype Zope mxODBC DA : any ADO pl anned suppor t??

Bill Tutt billtut@microsoft.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:21:23 -0700

Do you mean on Unix, or on Win32 platforms?

Assuming you mean on Win32 platforms you can use ADO from within Python
already... See http://www.python.org/windows/win32com/ for more information
on how to go about doing that...

If you mean on Unix, I'll agree with you there.
OLE DB is a much more comprehensive/flexible API to talk to datasources with
then ODBC is. I just wish OLE DB/ADO was available on platforms besides
Win32. *sigh*

Bill