[DB-SIG] Connecting to Microsoft SQL server from Python

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:25:37 +0200

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>
> > > * Is there an ODBC library that can connect to the Microsoft SQL
> > >   server on a remote machine?  Does mxODBC work with it?
> >
> > You could try one of the ODBC driver construction sets available
> > from InterSolv and OpenLink. The EasySoft ODBC bridge should also
> > work. Links etc. are on the mxODBC web-page.
>
> Thanks; the EasySoft bridge appears to offer exactly what I need.
>
> If there is interest, I can summarize my experiences after I set up
> the system.

Please do; these experience reports should probably also go into
the topic guide on www.python.org. If they are mxODBC related I'd
also like to integrate them into the mxODBC docs.

Y2000:                                                   101 days left