[DB-SIG] DCOracle exceptions and 'Connect' vs 'connect'

LD Landis ldl@LDL.HealthPartners.COM
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:59:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

  I was just wondering about the schedule of Digital Creations
  updating the exception handling of the DCOracle module to use
  objects rather than strings.  Also, the 2.0 spec calls for the
  service 'connect', and the DCOracle implementation uses 'Connect'
  instead... these are somewhat minor items, but (IMO) they put
  some small 'flys in the ointment' (making otherwise fairly
  generic code rather dependent on the database you are binding
  to (I'm getting ready to have multiple databases in some cases).

Thanks,
	--ldl