[DB-SIG] Problems with MySQL

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:04:50 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Paul DuBois wrote:

> At 5:17 PM -0800 12/20/00, Ryan Weisenberger wrote:
> >I'm trying to install and use the MySQL module written by Andy
> >Dustman.  I'm using version 0.3.0, with Python 2.0 and MySQL 3.23 on
> >Redhat Linux 6.2.  It compiles fine, but when I try:
> >db1 = MySQLdb.Connect(db='test')
> >I get a SIGSEGV and a core dump.
> >
> >Running it under gdb, I can trace it down to _mysqlmodule.c:
> >conn = mysql_real_connect(&(c->connection), host, user, passwd, db,
> >                       port, unix_socket, client_flag);
> >
> >All the values look good going in, but that's where it explodes.

I haven't seen or heard of MySQLdb dumping core in a long time. For it to
die where it is points a bit to MySQL, but I would be interested in seeing
what the parameter values are. A lot of them CAN be NULL (most of the
strings).

> What's your *exact* MySQL server version?  I just updated to MySQL
> 3.23.29a-gamma, and found that the "a" caused MySQLdb 0.3.0 to cough
> at the code that splits the three numeric hunks out of the version string.
> (Normally versions are n.nn.nn-xxxx, where n is a digit.)

I which those MySQL people could make up their minds about what the format
of the version string is going to be.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy