[DB-SIG] Next Version [was Re: Preparing statement API]

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:23:37 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Cool. I'll keep it in mind for the next version of the
> DB API spec. BTW, are there any other things which should
> be done for the next version ?

Things I (as a user) would like to see:

    Common call to enable/disable autocommit. Default would have to be
    'driver specific' for compatibility. Drivers could simply throw
    an exception if a programmer tries to set an unsupported mode.

    A common parameter style supported by all drivers. Or a method
    that convers 'generic' parameter style to 'paramstyle' parameter
    style.

    Whatever additions Digital Creations requires to enable a Generic
    ZopeDA to be written that supports all compliant Python Database API
    drivers (well... drivers that don't throw an exception when
    con.autocommit(0) is called).

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au