[DB-SIG] Re: Scrollable cursors

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:54:24 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Andy Dustman wrote:

> cursor.seek(n) -- scrolls the cursor to row n, with the first row being 0.
> If the database does not support seekable cursors, this method should not
> be defined. If database cannot support seeking under current conditions,
> it should raise NotSupportedError. (Similar to the cursor.rollback()
> language)

In actually writing the code, I would amend this to:

cursor.seek(n, whence=0) -- if whence=0, scrolls the cursor to absolute
row n, else perform a relative scroll. There are some difficulties in
doing the relative scroll, but I hope I can get around them.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d