[DB-SIG] Object/relational mapper code

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 1 May 2000 15:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

I've released some unmaintained object/relational mapping code; see
http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/python/unmaintained/ordb.html

The idea is that you write a schema as a set of S-expressions (see the
page for an example) and can then read and write objects out of a set
of corresponding relational tables.

This code is far from finished, and will not be maintained (though
I'll answer simple questions about it); I wrote the code during our
quest to choose an object storage medium, and the RDBMS idea has
mostly been abandoned (though I thought it was promising).  If anyone
wants to take over maintenance of this code, please do!

Extraordinary people survive under the most terrible circumstances and they
become more extraordinary because of it.
  -- Robertson Davies