[DB-SIG] NEWBIE QUESTION - MySQLdb for Windows

Bradley McCrorey Bradley McCrorey" <mccroreyb@linux.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 12:29:36 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01BFB756.BD7E3A60

Hi all,

I usually write all my database interfaces for web-enabled apps using =
php on apache webserver. however, I'm thinking about building a windows =
interface for a change. I've done a BIT of python programming, basically =
just running through the basics to get a feel for the syntax and so on. =
I found the mysqldb module and downloaded the latest version, but I'm =
unclear as to how to install it under windows.=20

Has anyone ever used this module under windows? Ideally I'd like to get =
it running under windows then build a tcl/tk interface using python =
which would connect to my database.

If there are any resources on the web for this sort of thing please let =
me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bradley McCrorey
globeproductions.net

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01BFB756.BD7E3A60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I usually write all my database =
interfaces for=20
web-enabled apps using php on apache webserver. however, I'm thinking =
about=20
building a windows interface for a change. I've done a BIT of python=20
programming, basically just running through the basics to get a feel for =
the=20
syntax and so on. I found the mysqldb module and downloaded the latest =
version,=20
but I'm unclear as to how to install it under windows. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone ever used this module under =
windows?=20
Ideally I'd like to get it running under windows then build a tcl/tk =
interface=20
using python which would connect to my database.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If there are any resources on the web =
for this sort=20
of thing please let me know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help is greatly =
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bradley McCrorey</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>globeproductions.net</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01BFB756.BD7E3A60--