[DB-SIG] Insane question & correction....

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 11:21:58 -0400

Folks,

	two things...

	1) My earlier message was slightly mistaken.  I'm running MS Access
97 with
		that CGI problem that I mentioned earlier today.

	2) I don't see any way to validate the state of the ODBC connection
from
		the DB specs v2.

		For example, I'm logging into the ODBC connection currently
without
		a password or username.  I've experimented, and don't get a
exception
		if the database requires a username/password even if the
username/password
		are incorrect (but it still seems to work!?!?!).

	I'm suspecting that the python process hang that I'm seeing maybe
due to the
	fact that the CGI app can't connect for some reason.  A exception
does not
	appear to be happening (no trace messages in browser window), so how
can
	I check for this?

			- Benjamin