[DB-SIG] Re: [PyGreSQL] Version 3.0 PyGreSQL

Bill Tutt billtut@microsoft.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 14:38:32 -0700

A Python int should be returned here, anything else is just plane silly.
A DBI cursor doesn't have to map to a real database cursor. The existance of
the cursor is just a way to allow a speration between a database connection,
and individual statements on that connection, as some databases allow you do
do. IIRC

> Does the DB spec have an author? Is this the right place to ask
> questions?  (I realize there are lots of reason for questions to go
> unanswered.)

MA Lemburg was the main driving force behind the v2.0 DBI spec.

WRT the autocomit issue, ODBC also starts in autocommit mode as well. This
is probably one fo those you like what you know questions. There are
arguments on both sides of the issue.

Bill