[DB-SIG] The CORBA DB API fantasy

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Tue, 16 May 2000 14:21:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> Boy, does this conversation sound like a lot of "Not Invented Here." A lot
> of "I think that I can design something from scratch that is better than
> what other people have spent years working on."

No, I'd just like to see if I have some different ideas that will work
better, without getting into a mindset of, "well, other people did it this
way, so I better do it this way too..." I may well end up doing things the
same way, or incorporating other ideas, or deciding the whole thing's
pointless. It's an experiment. Research is what you're doing when you
don't know what you're doing. Plus, the actual CORBA DB API would be
something that doesn't really exist yet: A universal (or close to it)
database API.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d