[DB-SIG] The CORBA DB API fantasy

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 16 May 2000 15:40:15 -0400

Greg Stein [gstein@lyra.org] wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2000, Andy Dustman wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 May 2000, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > > Hmm, Andy could probably steal a few ideas from OLE DB and reimplement
> > > them using CORBA as backend.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort though.
> >
> > Heh. I think I'd just as soon try to come up with something that wasn't
> > based on an existing framework, get stuck, and then poke around for some
> > new ideas.
>
> Boy, does this conversation sound like a lot of "Not Invented Here." A lot
> of "I think that I can design something from scratch that is better than
> what other people have spent years working on."

Run, don't walk to the Enterprise Objects Framework by NeXT (now
Apple), and begin to witness what happens when people who truly
undersand OO design and modeling apply that power to Relation/Object
mapping systems.  They really really get it right from my perspective
(and other people hre at DC as well).  we're definately looking at
this as the future.

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/webobjects/System/Documentation/Developer/EnterpriseObjects/DevGuide/GuideTOC.html

Chris