[DB-SIG] Building DCOracle-1.3.2 on AIX 4.3.2 with Oracle 734

Gerhard Gonter gonter@maestria.wu-wien.ac.at
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 21:20:55 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Turney, James wrote:
> I am trying to build the DCOracle-1.3.2 package on AIX 4.3.2 using the AIX
> compiler and Oracle 7.3.4.  Has anyone got this to work.
> It seems to be having trouble linking (lots of what looks like python
> related unresolved symbol)

I sucessfully compiled DCOoracle 1.3.0 on AIX 4.2.1 with Oracle 8.0.5
in a brute force attack, that is, I used a Perl script (sorry, I'm not
fluent enough with Python) that tried different combinations of library
arrangements for a whole night.  The shared object is now in daily use,
so it seems to work.  If someone is interested in that script, drop me
a line.

+gg

--
Gerhard.Gonter@wu-wien.ac.at  Fax: +43/1/31336/702  g.gonter@ieee.org
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria