[DB-SIG] newbee help with DCOracle

Turney, James jtt@hnc.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:57:01 -0800

I have managed to get DCOracle1.3.2 to compile and link on a Solaris 2.6
system using Oracle 7.3.4.
The test program that comes with DCOracle seems to open a connection to the
database.  When I attempt to use any of the methods Connection objects are
supposed to support I get a message similar to the following: "Connection
object has no attribute".
For example, if the following is run from the python interpreter

import Buffer, oci_, sys

print 'Import succeeded'

dbc=oci_.Connect('dbuserid/dbpassword)

dbc.close()

The execution of the dbc.close() always results in the following message:
AttributeError: 'Connection' object has no attribute 'close'

I have placed the DCOracle package (including the shared objects created) in
my path and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Any help would be appreciated.

jtt@hnc.com