[DB-SIG] Building Cross-Platform DB Apps: MetaDB.py

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:08:24 -0700

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:50:09AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Questions:
> ----------
>
> * What do think about this idea ?

Sounds fine.

However, I believe that a necessary precondition is a way for multiple
people to be able to contribute their info easily into the "body of
knowledge". If somebody pipes up on an email list, they may feel that isn't
enough to get the info over to the repository.  hmm... what I'm trying to
say is that capturing data in a mailing list doesn't feel permanent enough
to people; to increase contribution, let more people drop the data into the
permanent repository. (somehow)

> * Which requests would you have for such a knowledge-base like
>   module ?

Types. SQL statements, extensions. DBAPI features unique to a module. SQL
functions which are custom to a particular DB. Threading traits. How to
specify parameters in a SQL query. (other "optional" features in the DBAPI
such as nextset, etc)

Cheers,
-g

--