[DB-SIG] Cursor.executemany() and Cursor.nextset()

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:21:38 +0200

[.executemany() and stored procedures]

> > So... don't use executemany() in this case. INSERT is the only SQL
> > statement I have ever used with executemany(), AFAIK.
>
> This is good advice, and sounds like an informal way of presenting what
> I would like the API to say.  What am I missing here?  Has the spec for
> this API been handed to the SIG by some testy deity who would be
> offended by suggestions for improvement?  What's so terrible about
> having the language of the spec amended to identify those conditions for
> which use of this method constitutes undefined behavior, subject to
> having an exception raised?
>
> Is there a formal process that I should be following for submitting
> proposed amendments to the spec?  If so, I'll be happy to use it.  Just
> let me know.

If you only want to clarify certain bits in the DB API spec 2.0,
then a patch against the PEP version of it submitted to SourceForge
would be nice.

New features will require a new version of the spec, e.g. 2.1, but
I'm not sure whether we've already got enough requirements for
such a step.

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH