[DB-SIG] problem with SELECT

Ian merk@pacificnet.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:11:53 -0700

Hey all,

i'm trying to write a script that updates a database. I dont seem to have
any problems inserting data into the tables.

But I'm trying to get the ID for a the records and its not working.

I tried using cursor.fetchone and all i get returned is None, and i also
tried using cursor.execute and i just get an empty tuple.

The sql statement works fine when i go into postgres and run it there.

I've tried doing 'SELECT NEXTVAL("id_sequence")' and i also tried something
simple like 'SELECT * FROM table'

both of the above work fine in psql, but give me the problems i described.

Does anyone have any suggestions?