[DB-SIG] Any standards beyond DB API?

Dittmar, Daniel daniel.dittmar@sap.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:36:19 +0100

> The URL for the Python DB interface I found was:
>
> 	http://www.sap.com/solutions/technology/sapdb/
>
> Unfortunately, it's only for Python 1.5.2.

There are Python 2.0 versions for Linux and Windows at
ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapdb/patch/, look for sapdb-python20*.

> A distribution for
> Unix or at least Linux would also be a great thing to have

The Python API is part of every database installation, at least those made
available through www.sapdb.org.

> I think you should
> consider using distutils to keep up to date

right, except for
- I haven't really found the time to look into distutils
- the binary distribution contains only one file (two when the DB API
compatibility module is added)
- it isn't implemented on top of a published API, so packing all the headers
and sources and tools and ... is not trivial

Daniel

--
Daniel Dittmar
daniel.dittmar@sap.com