[DB-SIG] Acessing DBISAM files via mxODBC

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:48:41 +0100

Kent Tenney wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I have data in DBISAM files which I'd like to access via Python.
>
> I have installed an ODBC driver for DBISAM;
> http://www.elevatesoft.com/download/odbc.zip,
> found at http://www.elevatesoft.com/usercode.htm
>
> and mxODBC; http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
>
> this is my program;
> import ODBC.Windows as odbc
>
> con = odbc.Connect('photos', user='', password='')
> cur = con.cursor()
>
> --it seems OK at this point;
> <mxODBC Cursor object at 016F9570>
>
> I am unable to do anything with the cursor, I keep getting the
> parameter mismatch message.

> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
> InterfaceError: mismatch in number of parameters; expected 63, found none
>
> I don't understand this error message.
>
> Is the driver just incompatable with the mxODBC module?
>
> Any suggestions?

Could you send the mxODBC.log which is generated by mxODBC
when Python is run in debug mode (python -d) ? This should
give some insights into why the interface expects 63
parameters :-) -- this looks like a bug in the ODBC driver...