[DB-SIG] Taking exceptions to threads and Access...

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:56:38 -0400

| It is *choke* Access97 SR2. If there is a better module than |
win32com.client
| I will be glad to give it a whirl. Suggestions anyone?

I was using MxODBC, but had to stop due to licensing issues...
Right now, I changed two lines of code, and moved to win32.ODBC .... My
understanding is that it's a little old, but I haven't noticed any major
differences between it, and MxODBC....

It's saved me a lot of extra's in DLLs, etc, and works correctly with
Gordon's Installer.... Unlike MxODBC and the later Egenix's version(s) of
MxODBC....

I would also be interested in hearing of a newer package, but win32.ODBC
works fine with ODBC connections to Access 97....

			- Benjamin