[DB-SIG] Michele Comitini: Adding a driver to http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.html

Michele Comitini mcm@mixadlive.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:48:18 +0100

We simply needed a small module that was DB-API 2.0 compliant and
despite of this made use of multiple connections to postgres.  That
worked with Zope Transaction Manager rolling back or committing when
needed.  That was the need we had and PyGreSQL did not satisfy us for
fulfilling those task while in some others it did.

I stressed _free_ because I like people to notice that some modules are free
while some are not.  No intention to hurt people feelings.
I am glad that PyGreSQL it is free and I like  that you stated
it so now everyone on the list knows that better.

The fact that there are so many _free_ modules for postgresql may help
others choosing a great language such as Python and a great RDBMS such
as PostgreSQL.

ciao,
michele