[DB-SIG] Anyone successfully using cursors w/ Python & PostgreSQL RPM's?

Kevin Cole kjcole@gri.gallaudet.edu
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:01:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I was exchanging e-mail with the developers of the
PostgreSQL hooks into Python.  I downloaded the latest stable PostgreSQL
source RPM from www.postgresql.org, and installed from those. According
to the web pages, and the folks I exchanged e-mail with, I should have
ended up with a "pgdb.py".  I didn't.  The suggestion was then made to
use the tarball instead, but that appeared to produce the same results.

Anyone else have the right combination of bits?  Should I be using the
LATEST latest (beyond the stable version)?  If at all possible, I'd
prefer to stick with the RPM's cuz I like being able to query the RPM
database for details about the who, what, where, when, which and why of
a package.

--
 Kevin Cole, RHCE, Linux Admin  |  E-mail:  kjcole@gri.gallaudet.edu
 Gallaudet Research Institute   |  WWW:     http://gri.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/